Opening Ceremony of Screen Print Training
On February 18th, the Women’s Foundation proudly organized Screen Print Training for women. The essence of this project was realized before and organized through a supportive co-operation with the GLS Future Foundation for Development, Germany. The opening ceremony was inaugurated by the Honorable GiriRaj Mani Pokhrel , Ministry of Education, Science and Technology in co-operation with GLS Future Foundation for Development along with the great presence of the following guests:
- Honorable Pabitra Niraula kharel , International Relation Committee President,
- Honorable Bijaya K.C (A member of Provincial Assembly , 3 )
- Honorable Tenjing Norge (A member of Provincial Assembly , 3 )
- Shanti Nepal ( Deputy Mayor of Gokarneshwor Municipality )
- Krishna Prasad Chaulagain ( Ward chairman, Melamchi municipality 1 )
- Pradip Pokhrel ( Chairman of Election Observation Committee Nepal )
- Krishna Subedi ( Chairman of Child Right Committee Nepal )
- Devika Nanda Timalsina ( Human Right Activist )
- Jagadish Prasad Adhikari( chairman of DHRC, Nepal )
- Gha Man singh Tamang ( Human Right Activist )
- Sita Pokhrel ( Former member of Constituent Assembly )
Screen Print Training has been started to build lasting solution to poverty and unemployment by securing economic sustainability for Nepalese women. Secondly, this training will make them independent and self-sustained to make their future better. The key of success of this project is to develop a new generation of women with better opportunity for sustaining their life.
We focused this program for the long-term needs for obtaining economic empowerment, so that women can provide for themselves and their families. Additionally, the program will impart knowledge and skill on screen printing technology so that the beneficiaries could be able to earn for their better livelihood in the coming days.
We are pleased to share that the distinguished guest Dr. Annette Massmann to honor us with her presence. We would like to thank our special guests Vanessa , Ursula , and Monika. Special Thanks to Former President of WFN Tara Upreti, President of WFN Renu Sharma, General Secretary Kamala Upreti, Devendra Parajuli, Program Supervisor WFN.
Moreover, we would like to extend our heartfelt thanks for all who have directly and indirectly contributed for the success of program. Many people, both local and international, attended the ceremony and enjoyed the many speakers who emphasized the importance of women’s education and opportunities in our society. We are happy to be able to contribute to this important cause. Through this screen print school, we aim to provide an arena where women can gain skills and new knowledge that may benefit their job opportunities in the future.