Through the combined efforts with the support of Rotary Club of Healesville – Australia, the Women’s Foundation has organized the 3 months shoe making training for women which is aimed at increasing women’s access to skill for improving their financial independence, employment opportunities and aiming to boost their quality of life.
Women are learning the following skills:
- Cut and paste the materials
- Making upper part of the shoe
- Fixing the golden lace for the border of shoe
- Sewing the borders of the shoes
- Measuring, Cutting and Pasting sole
- Fixing heel of shoes
- Making plain shoes with golden lace
- At present, learning designs and embroider for making designed shoes
This training is helping women to empower economically, because it shapes women’s choices of occupations, jobs and places of work. It started mid 2019.